now that the Olympics are over….
1. I really like to sleep.. but I stayed up every night to the end…
2. Our children pray even harder for China’s one child policy
3. We are thankful to be Americans and not taken from our families at age three to be a gymnast
4. We really like watching swimming.. esp the relay races!
5. We have gotten pretty good at recognizing the countries flags
6. We understand the difference in the medals
7. I really like to sleep…such a hard time waking in the morning
8. For a devoutly athiest country, they sure bowed a lot.. who are the bowing to? (sigh)
9. We all can spot a good entry into the water from a diver
10. US did a great job in all sports knowing the country was behind them
11. Anyone else motivated to get up and do something ? Everyone was in such great shape!
12. The commercials were terrible.. completely unsafe for children to view..
13. Prayers for the family and little girl who actually sang the opening song….Hard to think the government decided she wasn’t “cute” enough to represent their country!
We have prayed for years now to end abortion. This host country really helped to make it more concrete. And for the record.. The Catholic Church clearly states that Life begins at conception for anyone who heard Meet the Press with Nancy Pe*losi’s weasle of an answer…Pray for this lady!
As we approach election time, we MUST pray for our country and the protection of the unborn. There are many people out there in the political world who may claim to be Catholic, but clearly and sadly, they do not live accordingly…
Wake Up America is a must for all voters! The CD or DVD is available on the Fr Corapi website. It is a one hour talk. For a clip, link here.
A Prayer for our Nation’s Election
O God, we acknowledge You today as Lord,
Not only of individuals, but of nations and governments.
We thank You for the privilege
Of being able to organize ourselves politically
And of knowing that political loyalty
Does not have to mean disloyalty to You.
We thank You for Your law,
Which our Founding Fathers acknowledged
And recognized as higher than any human law.
We thank You for the opportunity that this election year
puts before us,
To exercise our solemn duty not only to vote,
But to influence countless others to vote,
And to vote correctly.
Lord, we pray that Your people may be awakened.
Let them realize that while politics is not their
Their response to You requires that they be politically
Awaken Your people to know that they are not called to be
a sect fleeing the world
But rather a community of faith renewing the world.
Awaken them that the same hands lifted up to You in prayer
Are the hands that pull the lever in the voting booth;
That the same eyes that read Your Word
Are the eyes that read the names on the ballot,
And that they do not cease to be Christians
When they enter the voting booth.
Awaken Your people to a commitment to justice,
To the sanctity of marriage and the family,
To the dignity of each individual human life,
And to the truth that human rights begin when Human Lives
And not one moment later.
Lord, we rejoice today
That we are citizens of Your kingdom.
May that make us all the more committed
To being faithful citizens on earth.
We ask this through Jesus Christ, our Lord.